The Shapton Kuromaku Japanese Whetstone #5000 Grit (Wine) K0704 is a professional-grade fine polishing stone belonging to the renowned Kuromaku range. It features a colour-coded system for easy grit identification and is designed to leave a polished finish with moderate metal removal.
This #5000 grit (Wine) stone is perfect for refining the edge of your blades, removing scratches, and enhancing the cutting performance. It strikes a balance between metal removal and polishing, providing a sharp and polished edge.
Crafted with exceptional craftsmanship in Japan, the Shapton Kuromaku Whetstone offers a Splash & Go design, eliminating the need for soaking prior to use. Its fine grit ensures precise polishing, bringing out the beauty and sharpness of your blades.
- Grit: 5000 (Wine)
- SKU: K0704
- Whetstone Size: 210 x 70 x 15mm
- Weight: 900g
- Plastic Storage Case Included
- Professional Polishing Stone
- Made in Japan
To maintain the Shapton Kuromaku stones and keep their surface flat for a long lifespan, we recommend using a lapping plate. Choose from options such as the Jende Industries Glass Lapping Plate, Shapton Diamond Glass Lapping Plate, or the Shapton NAORU cast iron lapping system.
The Kuromaku stone is a Splash & Go stone, so soaking is not necessary. After sharpening, clean the stone and allow it to air dry naturally in a shaded position. Rapid drying can cause cracking, while leaving the stone in water can lead to degradation.
- Q: Which face of the KUROMAKU series sharpening stones should I use?
- A: You can use either face, but we recommend starting on the side where no letters have been printed.
- Q: Recent KUROMAKU stones look different from the designs bought in the past. Is there any difference in spec?
- A: No. The only change was in the printing design, not in the quality or specs of the stones.
- Q: Are any of the KUROMAKU sharpening stones recommended for normal household knives?
- A: We recommend the Orange Medium (1000) sharpening stone and Wine Fine (5000) finishing stone. If you intend to use only one stone, we recommend the Blue Medium (1500) sharpening stone.
- Q: I want to try using "KUROMAKU Purple," but the 'Precautions' state it should be used after "KUROMAKU Melon." Would it be okay to use it for sharpening after "KUROMAKU Yellow" instead, as this is finer?
- A: That would be fine with high hardness steel, but for blades made from softer materials, please do use "KUROMAKU Melon." This is due to the stones' physical characteristics.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.