Elevate your sharpening game with the Shapton Kuromaku Japanese Whetstone #2000 Grit (Green) K0703. This professional-grade finer intermediate sharpening stone is part of the renowned Kuromaku range, featuring a colour-coded system for easy grit identification.
The #2000 grit (Green) stone strikes the perfect balance between stock removal and polishing. It efficiently removes material from the blade while starting to polish the bevel, resulting in a sharp edge with enhanced cutting performance. Whether you're sharpening kitchen knives or woodworking tools, this stone delivers exceptional results.
Crafted in Japan with precision, the Shapton Kuromaku Whetstone offers fast and consistent stock removal. Its splash-and-go design eliminates the need for soaking, allowing you to start sharpening right away. With its medium grit, this stone is ideal for refining the edge and preparing it for further polishing.
- Grit: 2000 (Green)
- SKU: K0703
- Whetstone Size: 210 x 70 x 15mm
- Weight: 900g
- Plastic Storage Case Included
- Professional Sharpening Stone
- Made in Japan
To maintain the Shapton Kuromaku stones and keep their surface flat for a long lifespan, we recommend using a lapping plate. Choose from options such as the Jende Industries Glass Lapping Plate, Shapton Diamond Glass Lapping Plate, or the Shapton NAORU cast iron lapping system.
The Kuromaku stone is a Splash & Go stone, so soaking is not necessary. After sharpening, clean the stone and allow it to air dry naturally in a shaded position. Rapid drying can cause cracking, while leaving the stone in water can lead to degradation.
- Q: Which face of the KUROMAKU series sharpening stones should I use?
- A: You can use either face, but we recommend starting on the side where no letters have been printed.
- Q: Recent KUROMAKU stones look different from the designs bought in the past. Is there any difference in spec?
- A: No. The only change was in the printing design, not in the quality or specs of the stones.
- Q: Are any of the KUROMAKU sharpening stones recommended for normal household knives?
- A: We recommend the Orange Medium (1000) sharpening stone and Wine Fine (5000) finishing stone. If you intend to use only one stone, we recommend the Blue Medium (1500) sharpening stone.
- Q: I want to try using "KUROMAKU Purple," but the 'Precautions' state it should be used after "KUROMAKU Melon." Would it be okay to use it for sharpening after "KUROMAKU Yellow" instead, as this is finer?
- A: That would be fine with high hardness steel, but for blades made from softer materials, please do use "KUROMAKU Melon." This is due to the stones' physical characteristics.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I bought Shapton sharpening waterstones from from Zanvak and was very impressed with the very quick turnaround.
Affordable and practical solution
Fantastic for work
A true game-changer