- Extremely fine-grade polishing stone with a #10,000 grit
- Made with Magnesium Oxide using traditional kiln fired method
- Super finishing whetstone that replaces high-quality natural whetstones
- Effective in sharpening stainless steel and cobalt cemented carbide tools
- Requires only a bit of water to start sharpening with high grinding power
- Includes two polishing stones for maintenance (#220 grit Green and #1000 grit White)
The Suehiro Japanese Whetstone - New Kouseki #10,000 Grit (SRK-10000) is an extremely fine-grade polishing stone. It is made with Magnesium Oxide using a traditional kiln fired method to ensure exceptional quality.
As one of Suehiro's trademark brands, "Kouseki" is a super finishing whetstone designed to replace high-quality natural whetstones that have been known to deplete quickly. This stone is made using the magnesium oxide method, which combines ultrafine abrasive particles and magnesium oxide (MGo). It is highly effective in sharpening stainless steel and cobalt cemented carbide tools such as barber scissors and razors.
The Kouseki Whetstone requires only a small amount of water to start sharpening, thanks to its high grinding power. Suehiro has taken user feedback into account to improve the original product, addressing issues such as deterioration from water immersion and cracking due to temperature changes and drying. The New Kouseki features #10,000 ultrafine particle material and an original vitrified manufacturing method, resulting in improved sharpening feel and grinding power.
The box includes two polishing stones for maintaining the Kouseki stone, including a coarse #220 grit Green stone and a #1000 grit White stone.
- Grit: #10,000 Magnesium Oxide Super Fine Finish
- Whetstone Size: 207 x 73 x 23mm
- Weight: 1200g
- Cleaning Stones Included
- Professional Sharpening Stone / Whetstone
- Made in Japan
The Suehiro Kouseki stone may develop a dish after frequent usage. To maintain the stone and keep its surface flat for a long life, we recommend using a lapping plate. Suitable options for this process include the Jende Industries Glass Lapping Plate, Shapton Diamond Glass Lapping Plate, or the Shapton NAORU cast iron lapping system.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.