- Medium grade stone with a #1000 grit
- Perfect for medium sharpening of professional use special blades and large size kitchen knives
- Comes with a rubber frame for smoother sharpening and stain resistance
- Included is a small Nagura stone for unclogging the stone
The Suehiro Japanese Whetstone - Cerax #1000 Grit (2020) is a medium-grade stone that provides an ideal balance between cutting power and finishing. The #1000 grit has become a staple for many sharpeners, making it perfect for medium sharpening of professional use special blades and large size kitchen knives such as 'Deba', 'Yanagiba', and 'Gyutou' knives. This stone is best used after the #800 grit Cerax.
The Cerax Waterstone by Suehiro Niigata Japan is renowned for its fast cutting surface, longevity, and high-quality reputation. The stone holds its shape well and cuts quickly, enabling you to achieve a burr in a reasonable number of strokes. It comes with a small Nagura stone, which is used for unclogging the stone if particle material becomes embedded during the sharpening process.
- Product: Suehiro Cerax 2020
- Grit: 1000 (Medium) | White Alumina
- Whetstone Size: 205 x 73 x 50mm
- Weight: 1900g
- Cleaning Stone Included
- Professional Sharpening Stone / Whetstone
- Made in Japan
To maintain the Suehiro Cerax series of stones and keep their surface flat for long life, a lapping plate is recommended. We suggest either the Jende Industries Glass Lapping Plate, Shapton Diamond Glass Lapping Plate, or the Shapton NAORU cast iron lapping system for this process. Proper maintenance ensures the stone's optimal performance and longevity.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.