- Medium-Fine / Coarse grade stone
- Combination of grit #280 and #1500 for versatile sharpening
- Prepares scratch pattern for higher grit stones
- Comes with a storage case that can be used as a whetstone stand
The Suehiro Japanese Dual Stone Whetstone - New Cerax #1500/280 Grit (CR-2800) is a versatile sharpening tool suitable for medium-fine to coarse sharpening. It consists of two sides with different grits - #280 for heavy reprofiling and chip removal, and #1500 for edge refinement and preparation for higher grit stones. With this stone, you can reprofile extremely blunt blades and prepare the bevel for further sharpening.
The Cerax Waterstone by Suehiro Niigata Japan is known for its fast cutting surface, longevity, and consistent high quality. The stone holds its shape well and cuts quickly, allowing you to achieve a burr in a reasonable number of strokes. The size 3 model standard whetstone is suitable for a wide variety of knives and cutting tools. The stone comes mounted to a supporting plate, which can be used as a stone holder for convenient use or for storing the stone. Additionally, it comes with a small Nagura stone for unclogging the stone if particle material becomes embedded during the sharpening process.
- Product: Suehiro New Cerax CR-2800
- Grit: #1500 White / #280 Orange | White Alumina
- Whetstone Size: 183 x 63 x 13mm / 183 x 63 x 15mm
- Weight: 1000g
- Cleaning Stone Included
- Professional Sharpening Stone / Whetstone
- Made in Japan
To maintain the Suehiro Cerax series of stones and keep their surface flat for long life, it is recommended to use a lapping plate. We suggest using either the Jende Industries Glass Lapping Plate, Shapton Diamond Glass Lapping Plate, or the Shapton NAORU cast iron lapping system for this process. Proper maintenance ensures optimal performance and extends the lifespan of the stones.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.