- Coarse grade stone with a #280 grit
- Ideal for heavy blade reprofiling and chip removal
- Included storage case which doubles as a whetstone stand
- Fast cutting surface renowned for its longevity and consistency
The Suehiro Japanese Whetstone - New Cerax #280 Grit (CR-280-OR) is classified as a Coarse grade stone, perfect for heavy blade reprofiling and chip removal. This size 3 model standard whetstone from Suehiro is suitable for a wide range of knives and cutting tools. It helps prepare the scratch pattern for higher grit stones, enabling a refined and superior sharpening edge.
For optimal results, this stone is best used after the #180 grit Cerax or the #140 Grit Atoma Diamond Plate. The Cerax Waterstone by Suehiro Niigata Japan is known for its fast cutting surface, longevity, and consistent performance. These stones maintain their shape well while still cutting quickly enough to create a burr in a reasonable number of strokes.
- Product: Suehiro New Cerax CR-280-OR
- Grit: 280 (Coarse) White Alumina
- Whetstone Size: 183 x 63 x 20mm
- Weight: 800g
- Cleaning Stone Included
- Professional Sharpening Stone / Whetstone
- Made in Japan
To maintain the Suehiro Cerax series of stones and keep their surface flat for long-lasting performance, we recommend using a lapping plate. For this process, we suggest either the Jende Industries Glass Lapping Plate, Shapton Diamond Glass Lapping Plate, or the Shapton NAORU cast iron lapping system. The Cerax stones do require soaking before use, but they are not excessively thirsty. A few minutes of soaking is sufficient, and an occasional splash of water during use keeps them working smoothly. It's important not to store the stones in water.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.