- Premium level stones known for their fast action and superior feedback
- Greater stone life due to larger size compared to other stones on the market
- Includes Nagura stone for developing a finer cutting slurry
- Ideal for a range of sharpening needs, from aggressive stock removal to fine-edge polishing
- Made in Japan, and usually reserved for professional sharpeners
The Naniwa Chosera whetstones, exclusive to the Japanese sharpening market, are celebrated for their fast action and exceptional feedback. These premium stones have a range of hardness levels, making them versatile for use on various types of steel. They are highly dense and perform best after a quick soak. With a generous size of 210 x 70 x 25mm, the Chosera stones promise a longer life compared to other stones. The 10,000 Grit stone is even thicker, at 30mm.
The Chosera stones offer three levels of abrasion: Coarse, Medium, and Fine. Each level serves a distinct purpose, ranging from aggressive stock removal and repair work, to refining edges and polishing to a mirror finish. The stones are equipped to handle softer as well as harder steels, delivering edges that make cutting nearly effortless. The set also includes a Nagura stone, which aids in creating a slurry for finer cutting.
- Country of Origin: Japan
- Model: SS1000
- Size: 210 x 70 x 25mm
- Size with base: 250 x 74 x 50mm
- Material: Magnesia bonded
- Mounted to sturdy plastic base
- Long lasting
- Weight: 1450g
- Naniwa Chosera Whetstone
- Nagura stone 65 x 50 x 33mm #600
- Sturdy plastic base
We recommend soaking the Chosera stone for only 2-3 minutes for initial sharpening. After the Chosera has been soaked, splash it with water to keep the surface wet. Use the Nagura stone to assist in developing a slurry for finer cutting. Please note that the Nagura stone is not for flattening the whetstone - this is a common misconception. Once you're done sharpening, clean the stone and allow it to air dry naturally in a shaded position. Rapid drying can cause cracking, and leaving the stone in water can cause it to degrade.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.