Exclusive to the Japanese market, the Naniwa Chosera stones are premium-grade sharpening tools renowned for their rapid action and exceptional feedback. These stones offer a variety of harnesses across different grits, making them suitable for a broad range of steel types. Their high grit density and larger size result in a longer stone life compared to other models.
The Naniwa Chosera is a line of top-tier ceramic stones, typically reserved for professional sharpeners in Japan. This series is designed with a higher density of abrasive particles, making them more durable, resistant to wear, and faster cutting. The stones are categorised into three groups based on their abrasiveness: Coarse, Medium, and Fine.
- Coarse Grits (#400, #600, #800): These aggressive stones are excellent for stock removal, repairs, and reprofiling. The #400 is a very hard stone, perfect for removing deep scratches, while the #600 provides a buttery feedback, ideal for harder steels. The #800 stone gives a good, basic working edge.
- Medium Grits (#1,000, #2,000, #3,000): These stones refine edges to a working sharp level and are also suitable for minor repair and profiling work. The #1,000 stone is slightly more refined than other 1K stones. The #2,000 stone excels on softer steel knives, while the #3,000 stone sets the edge up for the polishing stages.
- Fine Grits (#5,000, #10,000): These stones take every edge to a whole new level. The #5,000 stone produces a mirror finish, while the #10,000 stone takes the mirror finish even further, refining the edge to shaving sharp levels.
- Made in Japan
- Model: SS10000
- Size: 210 x 70 x 30mm
- Material: Magnesia bonded
- No base included
- Weight: 1450g
Each Chosera stone comes with a Nagura stone (65 x 50 x 33mm, #600 grit) for developing a slurry for finer cutting. The Nagura stone is not intended for flattening the whetstone.
We recommend soaking the Chosera stone for only 2-3 minutes before initial sharpening. Once soaked, splash with water to keep the surface wet. The Nagura stone should be soaked for about 10-15 minutes before use. Wet your whetstone and work the Nagura stone all over the whetstone in a circular pattern. Rinse after use and allow the stone to air dry naturally in a shaded position. Avoid rapid drying as it can cause cracking, and do not leave the stone in water as it can cause degradation.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.