- Atoma Advanced Diamond Sharpening Plate Kit
- Perfect for repairing chipped knives and flattening whetstones
- Leaves a beautiful finish on your tools
- Remains flat and lasts for an extended period
The Atoma Diamond Plate Kit is an excellent choice for repairing chipped knives and flattening whetstones, while providing a beautiful finish on your tools. These diamond plates offer the advantage of maintaining a flat surface and extended durability compared to traditional whetstones.
To use the plates, mount your whetstone in a stone holder and rub the Atoma plate on top of the whetstone in various directions until the stone is effectively lapped.
Atoma Diamond plates can be used dry or with water, depending on personal preference.
Atoma Diamond Sharpening Plates are products of Tsuboman, a superb Japanese manufacturer renowned for their refined diamond products. These plates are made of mono-crystalline diamonds with a cutting abrasive surface mounted on a 10mm thick stainless steel base. The base is machined to be extremely flat, ensuring the diamond plate remains flat throughout its use.
The quality and durability of Atoma plates are among the highest available on the market. They feature precision-made surfaces with high uniformity, maintaining their flatness even after prolonged sharpening sessions. The diamond plate can be replaced after a few years without purchasing another baseplate, as they are adhered using strong double-sided tape.
- #140: Ideal for heavy reprofiling and removing deep chips from blades
- #400: Works well for lighter reprofiling work on knives with lighter chips and is great for reprofiling a factory bevel
- #600: Leaves a consistent scratch pattern and sets up the bevel for the #1200 Atoma or low grit Japanese water stones
- #1200: Refines scratch patterns and prepares the bevel for use with Japanese water stones like the #1000 Chosera and Naniwa Pro
- Brand: Tsuboman Atoma
- Grit: #140 mounted to Stainless Steel
- Grit: #400 mounted to Stainless Steel
- Grit: #600 mounted to Stainless Steel
- Grit: #1200 mounted to Stainless Steel
- Size: 210 x 75 x 12mm
- Weight: 750g each
- Storage pouch included
- Professional Sharpening Stone / Diamond Plate
- Made in Japan
After use, it is important to thoroughly clean the plate and remove any water if used during sharpening. Allowing the plate to dry fully will prevent rusting and maintain its longevity.
- FREE Standard Delivery Over $200
- FREE Customer Pick-Up (Syd Only)
- Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
Same day dispatch until 2PM AEST (Mon-Fri)
*Delivery estimates provided by Australia Post
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.